Posted to rec.woodworking
Rita and Neil Ward Rita and Neil Ward is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On 7/31/2012 5:26 PM, Leon wrote:
On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:01:09 PM UTC-7, Swingman wrote:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30675 If you use pocket hole
joinery and have a Rockler near you, you might want to see if they're
running this in-store today. Stopped by and picked one up this
morning for 9.99 (already have one without the quick release and I've
taken to using one, along with a vice grip style hand clamp, over all
other methods). FWIW ... -- www.eWoodShop.com Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious) http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Do you suppose they are making any money at $9.99. I suppose yes. So
normally $12.00 more seems a bit like a bit of gouging. I understand
they are a specialty retailer so need to have bigger margins to cover
the lower volumes and high cost of holding rare inventory for long
periods but this confirms to me that their a bit out of line on
pricing quite often.

I have a lot of fun near my home where a Harbor Freight is 20 feet
away fom Rockler.

I have to say, if they are making money at $10, regular price at $12 is
not price gouging. They do have insurance, inventory, brick and mortar,
and employees to pay.

You save $12.00 the regular price is $21.95.

Seriously, I highly suspect that at $10 they are still making 500% mark
up and still not price gouging. You don't have to buy it, if it were
something you could not live with out, then maybe price gouging.