Posted to rec.woodworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30675

If you use pocket hole joinery and have a Rockler near you, you might want to see
if they're running this in-store today.

Stopped by and picked one up this morning for 9.99 (already have one without the
quick release and I've taken to using one, along with a vice grip style hand clamp,
over all other methods).

FWIW ...

That link states online only.
It seems to me that it would be trivial to make an equivalent device
using a block of wood, a dowel, and a quick grip clamp. Replace
the fixed jaw on the clamp with the wood block which has the dowel
inserted at the 15 degree angle. The result is a faster and easier to
operate device than the Rockler one. Much cheaper too.
Art