Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:01:09 PM UTC-7, Swingman wrote:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=30675 If you use pocket hole joinery and have a Rockler near you, you might want to see if they're running this in-store today. Stopped by and picked one up this morning for 9.99 (already have one without the quick release and I've taken to using one, along with a vice grip style hand clamp, over all other methods). FWIW ... -- www.eWoodShop.com Last update: 4/15/2010 KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious) http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

Do you suppose they are making any money at $9.99. I suppose yes. So normally $12.00 more seems a bit like a bit of gouging. I understand they are a specialty retailer so need to have bigger margins to cover the lower volumes and high cost of holding rare inventory for long periods but this confirms to me that their a bit out of line on pricing quite often.

I have a lot of fun near my home where a Harbor Freight is 20 feet away fom Rockler.