Swingman

Default gone longer than I thought...

"Silvan" wrote in message

It's ironic that I just got my long-awaited saw and I feel no urge to

create
anything from wood at the moment.

It'll hit again before you know it. This typically happens to me about every
three months or so on my own woodworking projects, particularly if I've
logged a lot of shop time in the interim. If I am doing something for
someone else, I can keep at it until I'm done.

AAMOF, I am going through the same thing myself. I have a bunch of mortises
marked out, but just can't seem to get out there and get them cut. I
completed two fairly large projects in the past couple of months, and I've
got an out of town gig this weekend , so seem to be using those to justify
the inertness this week.

Know how you feel about the music ... other than my kids, that has always
been the most important thing in my life. Still trying to capture that
feeling when, at 10 or so, I first strummed a five string banjo chord
against a friend's guitar chord and heard, and felt, "that sound" ... it was
a religious experience.

.... and music in the shop is as important as the table saw or any other
tool, IMO.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04