Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moonshine Stills

In article , "Lloyd
E. Sponenburgh" says...

"Guv Bob" fired this volley in
m:

Anyone ever seen one of these working up in the hills?

Nope... 'Seen 'em on Tick Island here in Florida, though!

Shiners used to run the county in the '60s. (no, I don't mean that they
ran IN the county, I mean they used to OWN the place!)

My father's best friend made shine. Never saw his still but still have
a bottle of his product. And he's been dead 20 years so the revenooers
can't do much to him.

Now that was a man. Skinny little black guy. Laid track for the
Seaboard Coast Line. Could drive a finishing nail with one tap of a 20
pound hammer and never leave a mark, or split wood with two of 'em, one
in each hand. Never saw him lose his temper and I really wouldn't want
to. Raised his own hogs, made his own sausage and his own liquor, grew
his own food, put 12 kids through college and died a wealthy man.