Secret Squirrel

Default Dumb Dado Question

"Swingman" wrote in
:

Secret wrote in message

Actually with this set you would go wrong. There are round discs
attached to the side of each outer blade. They are not thock enough
to eb stiffeners but are just shims that are permamnently affixed to
the blades. If you reverse the blades these shims would be on the
outside of the set and you would not get cuts in any of the standard
sizes.

I would say that you might be right, and just well might do that, IF
you only know enough about table saws, table saw blades, their
operation and use, to be a danger to yourself.

Thanks for the lesson and the accompanying self righteous attitude.
Perhaps now you can go back and read the original post. The OP questioned
that, in so much as they are labeled in what appears to be contradiction
to the correct orientation. If you follow the lableling (and they DO NOT
come with instructions) you will wind up with the outer blades reversed.
By taking the extra moment to look at them you will realize that the
labeling is misleading. I thought I made that clear in my post. But what
should be equally clear to someone who clearly knows everything is that
reversing the position of the outer blades will not make the set any less
safe to operate, just somewhat less accurate.