Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default long, bent, tapered tube -- how to?

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:jv6amj$r83
:

I can guess only
that the low-performers who became teachers have tried to remove
everything that frustrated them.

Amen to that! Precise language is the only means by which complex ideas
may be communicated, be it mathematical language or the spoken or written
tongue of the communicators.

I was required to take "out of core" subject classes in college to finish
my degree. Among them were two general education classes.

This was in the early 1970s, and even as early as then, aspiring young
teachers - mostly minorities - were being taught that "accomplishment is
not important, so long as a student 'tries'".

It came to be that "trying" fell along-side the way as well, and now,
only self-esteem is important.

I think we shall be the last generation of Americans who were taught our
own language.

LLoyd