Silvan

Default gone longer than I thought...

It's ironic that I just got my long-awaited saw and I feel no urge to create
anything from wood at the moment.

The new computer means I can finally get Jack working without 10,000 xruns.
This means I can run FluidSynth, ZynAddSFX, Hydrogen and Rosegarden
simultaneously, among other things.

I've been screwing with this stuff trying to get just enough of a feel for
it to knock my new version of the tutorial out and get back to business as
usual, but playing with all these things has gotten me very excited about
making music again.

Now it's not my shop time standing in the way of finishing this
documentation, but instead the sheer number of hours I've spent jubilantly
farting around with all these cool new toys.

I'm gonna run with it. Musical inspiration doesn't strike very often, and
my table saw will still be there when I get ready for it. If I actually
make anything out of all these musical post-it notes, I could spend a month
working on the docs and another month working on my music. It might be
summer before I start in on my chess box.

I'll be in and out, but I'm not even going to try to keep up.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/