Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small compressor problem...

It's rare to hear of someone repair anything, now days. I'm pleased, and
encouraged. Thank you for writing, and thank you again, for telling us what
turned out to be the problem.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message

It was the head gasket. I got foxed out a bit because the natural
separation line is the metal gasket below the head gasket, where the
reed valves sit. I was afraid of hurting the soft gasket above that...
not to worry, it was already broken. There's a Sears sevice and
parts center a few miles from here, I'll have the thing running again on
monday. If I strike out there, there is a NAPA on the way back.

thanks guys.

Stuart