Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kristian Ukkonen Kristian Ukkonen is offline

Default Metalworking help needed for a personal (non-commercial) project.

On 7/27/2012 18:56, Morris Dovey wrote:
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant... 902&top_cat=1

for the containment vessel shell, which is listed with a 6720psi
bursting pressure; and

0.6" diameter? Small one then. So it is just a piece of small pipe.
Forget ASME then.

Anyway, the pressure rating is not at 500C, but I doubt it will be
a problem except perhaps at connections.. You propably do ok with
thick-wall tubing and ferrule-connectors.

The C-Ring seal suggestion is /much/ appreciated and I'm planning to see
what other metals are available (since Iconel is primarily a nickel
alloy and this particular reactor considers Ni to be food). :-)

Guess what there is about 14% in 316..