Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Impossible to clean sash windows

On 29/07/2012 13:10, Owain wrote:
On Jul 29, 12:08 pm, Roland Perry wrote:
I've got some sash windows where the bottom half isn't just painted-in,
it was never designed to open. The problem is how do you clean the
outside glass, because when you open the top half those panes are
covered up - so you can't clean from the inside of the house.

In the past I've used a washing-up-liquid bottle with a short length
of plastic hose on, to slip through the gap between the top and bottom
sashes when the top one is opened slightly, to wash the bottom window.

Owain

I think I'd take the sash out. You should just be able to remove one
vertical section of the staff bead and lift it out