Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Impossible to clean sash windows

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/07/12 12:08, Roland Perry wrote:
I've got some sash windows where the bottom half isn't just painted-in,
it was never designed to open. The problem is how do you clean the
outside glass, because when you open the top half those panes are
covered up - so you can't clean from the inside of the house.

They are also on the 2nd floor (UK parlance) and somewhat out of reach
of ladders. Is there a cunning gadget I can get to solve this?

I've not used them, but there are plenty of magnetic window cleaners
available, where the outside part is secured with a cord. I imagine you
could lower the outside part down until it hopefully rests against the
lower pane and then close the window sufficiently, to be able to clean
most of it ! Well, it sounds good in theory.

Andy C

There are also those pole things.