Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton[_2_] Stuart Wheaton[_2_] is offline

Default Small compressor problem...

"Stormin Mormon" fired this volley in
:

Before I take it to Sears, anybody got any ideas?

What about the unloader? Most of those small oil-less compressors have a
flow-actuated unloader that allows the motor to get up to speed before the
valve closes.

Rarely, my DeWalt Emglo double-sausage will have the unloader stick for
about a minute before it finally kicks over.

LLoyd

This actually has an oil crankcase and a mechanical unloader triggered
when the contactor opens, but I will look at that, I recall it was
sticking closed a while ago, maybe it went the other way now. I would
think I'd hear it hissing like crazy.

Stuart