Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default I thiought the opening ceremony was meant to make you feel proud to be British

In article , Tim
Streater scribeth thus
In article ,
T i m wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:08:34 +0100, stuart noble
wrote:

Right, I'm going to cycle down the shops and get enough beer to knock
me out for 16 days ... ;-)

I'd forgotten how much a pack of 20 Becks weighs. Don't normally take
the car to the Co Op

;-)

I think with my total lack of appreciation of 'sport' as anything
other than something people do for fun (not money, and certainly not
as 'a living'), it's going to have to be Special Brew for me as a
solution to this particular problem. ;-(

I'm well with you on this one, T i m. Although I did end up watching
the show and it was amusing in parts. Anyone know why so many of them
felt they had to put their faces 1cm away from the camera and yell?

Because /.. well because they could I suppose .. and after all its not
everyone who can do that, gets to do that, and it'll be a long time
before you can do it again;!..

--
Tony Sayer