Robert Bonomi

Default Dumb Dado Question (dumber question yet)

In article ,
Tom Kohlman wrote:
Thanks Chris...now take me one step further!!! Left vs. right on the teeth
I can do...now what do I do with that information??? LOL

So we come to a common point of reference, on the arbor nut side do I want
teeth pointing in or out (or up or down or north/south or east/west or
horizontal/vertical)...better yet, there is a washer welded onto each outer
blade around the arbor hole...do they face towards the chippers or towards
the arbor washers? (I could make a case for either way...towards the
chippers to act as a shim, towards the arbor washers to stabilize the
blades). Have actually tried them both ways and can't see much difference
other than the latter seems to make for too tight of a dado but perfect if I
add one or two of the cardboard shims that came with it.

you want the 'flat side' of the teeth towards the other blade(s) installed,
and the 'angled out' side of the teeth 'away from' the other blade(s).

If you put _just_ the two outer blades together, with no chippers, you should
have a combination that looks like a 'normal' blade.

What you call the washer is probably a 'stiffener', and should be on the
outside of the blade pack. i.e. on the side away from the other blade(s).

If in doubt, _read_the_directions_. It is simply *amazing* what one can find
out by doing that.