Swingman

Default Dumb Dado Question

Secret wrote in message

Dumber question yet is the 8" Delta dado stack. One of the outer
blades says "this side out". That's it. Does it mean facing out,
which would work if I put next to the inside arbor plate which somehow
translates to "this side in"? Or does it mean that the blade goes
next to the arbor nut, ("out" from my perspective) but then it has to
be positioned such that the "this side out" is actually facing in.

Who's on first, etc.

I was confused by that too. I came to the conclusion that the printed
side should face the arbor. That gets the orientation of the teeth right
as well as the little spacer disks that they have fixed on the inside of
the outer blades.

Forget the arbor, just chant to yourself: "OM, OM, The chippers go on the
inside of the stack, the blades go on the outside" ... and you can't go
wrong.

Works for me. ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net