Secret Squirrel

Default Dumb Dado Question

"Tom Kohlman" wrote in
et:

I always thought the answer was chip removal and also the fact that
the inside chippers only have two teeth set on opposite ends which
allows for setting them inside the teeth of the outside blades.

Dumber question yet is the 8" Delta dado stack. One of the outer
blades says "this side out". That's it. Does it mean facing out,
which would work if I put next to the inside arbor plate which somehow
translates to "this side in"? Or does it mean that the blade goes
next to the arbor nut, ("out" from my perspective) but then it has to
be positioned such that the "this side out" is actually facing in.

Who's on first, etc.

I was confused by that too. I came to the conclusion that the printed
side should face the arbor. That gets the orientation of the teeth right
as well as the little spacer disks that they have fixed on the inside of
the outer blades.