Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Source for window sealant

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:13:04 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:40*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
<lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

> And then it doesn't sit in against the frame where it should, leaving an
> ugly gap on the inside surface that must also be caulked.

I have not had that problem.

> Glazier's points are cheaper, too.

But they do not work on aluminum frame windows.

You can rip a thin strip of wood, glue it to the aluminum frame, and use the points.
It sounds like too much work, BUT the wood supports heavy (double-pane sandwich)
glass better than securing it with tape, and covers any and all blemishes/seams
in the aluminum joints. Especially for my tilt-out windows, with metal screws
that could contact the glass, that wood spacing is key. I bore holes in the wood
where the screws penetrate, of course.