David Ware

Default Fixing wide oak floorboards

Nick Brooks wrote in message ...

Good decision. I secret nailed 8" oak boards with three grooves on the
underside and a few have cupped. The finish look was too clean for an
old house so I ended up adding some surface nails as well

I used http://www.bonakemi.com/productspecs/traffic.html for the finish.
It a two part waterborne polyurethane which dries to touch dry in a
few hours but take a week or so to harden fully.

I went for the matt finish and IMO it looks really good. It's also
waterproof and very hard wearing

The only downside is that it costs £100 for 5ltrs. Coverage varies but
the second coats goes much further than the first

Excellent, that's what I need reasurance :-) I'll look into the finish too.
Thanks,
David.