Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Decline in craftsmanship

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:14:53 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I am not saying that the grad should not have the advantage of getting
in the door, only that he should not initially get paid more than the
same guy being hired that has 20 years experience.

Unfortunately, the big thing these days are credentials, not
experience, at least in most cases. Not saying it's right, just that's
way it is.

When I was 18, I could go out and get a new full time job almost every
week. Those times are gone.

Hiring managers are being given specs to fill. Whether they also
consider other factors, well that's up to them.

years this October and has already gotten a 10% and an 18% pay raise, so
how that he has proven himself he is making about 30% more now than he
was in Oct 2010.

So, when is he sending you on that month long overseas holiday?