Tom Kohlman

Default Dumb Dado Question

I always thought the answer was chip removal and also the fact that the
inside chippers only have two teeth set on opposite ends which allows for
setting them inside the teeth of the outside blades.

Dumber question yet is the 8" Delta dado stack. One of the outer blades
says "this side out". That's it. Does it mean facing out, which would work
if I put next to the inside arbor plate which somehow translates to "this
side in"? Or does it mean that the blade goes next to the arbor nut,
("out" from my perspective) but then it has to be positioned such that the
"this side out" is actually facing in.

Who's on first, etc.

"Pounds on Wood" wrote in message
s.com...
What looked to a youngster like a stack of regular blades, was probably a
stack of, you guessed it, stack dado blades. Even 40 years ago.

O'course you could stack 6 Forrest blades to do a 3/4" dado and it would
only set you back $600.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"Tom Lewis" wrote in message
Some 40 years ago when I was in high school the shop teacher would stack
regular saw blades together to make dado cuts. Why shouldn't that be

done?

Tom