Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source for window sealant

"Steve W." fired this volley in news:jum9o6$qkq$1
@dont-email.me:

Urethane window adhesive. Same stuff that is used to glue in auto

glass.

The outer "shell" will harden up and be sort of like silicone

(flexible,
no tacky feel) while the inner core will not fully cure and stays
semi liquid.

No, just the opposite here. I've used urethane windshield sealer.

This stuff was "hard" in the core, and gummy on the surface, except right
where it was gunned on. Not just soft on the surface, but really
aggressively sticky, and the stuff would come off on your fingers. Yet,
the bead adhered strongly to the surface on which it was originally
applied.

This stuff is really "backwards" from any other sealant I've seen. ALL
the others skin over and either cure solid, or remain soft at the core.
This stuff is hard at the core and soft on the outside.

This is also milky-clear, just like regular silicone sealant.

LLoyd