Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Decline in craftsmanship

Better off to give the menial jobs to the other countries rather than
the high tech jobs. Code writers are a dime a dozen these days with
most of the kids with a grade eight education. If we could ship our
ditches to those countries we could have them hand dig our trenches
too.

MS robs thee young kids of their higher education by taunting them with
high paying money. At thirty years old when they can't write code for
80 hours per week they toss them back on the job market with no
education tickets and nobody wants a burned out code writer with grade
12.

--------
"tiredofspam" wrote in message
I know. I worked for a company that was an early adopter of Indian
labor. Back in 1986 they started.. I saw the writing on the wall.
Its getting very hard to get a job as an American in the computer
field.
I have been the only American on my last 3 teams. Very large teams.
I feel like a foreigner in my own country.