Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Decline in craftsmanship

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:59:09 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/23/2012 8:52 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

If they have less to spend, they either get smaller of leaner. It's not a
difficult concept.

Get rid of the NCAA, the totally subverted, abused, misused, newspeak
concept of "student athlete" ... for starters.

My neighbor's son was a principal (now an admin) when the school
system started having money troubles. He unilaterally closed the
school sports division, offering to maintain it if the athletes'
parents covered the costs. The State immediately jumped in and told
him it was unlawful to stop the sports program and to refer to his
documentation from the state. Sure enough, it was there. They school
would just have to dump a few -teachers- to be able to afford it, but
sports stayed!

The country is being run by damned speaking weasels (attorneys, for
those of you in Rio Linda) and Unions. It's going to ****. sigh

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.