Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
G. Morgan[_8_] G. Morgan[_8_] is offline

Default Lets roll!

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:11:23 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:50:08 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

snip

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

snip

The key word is might. It is worthwhile to review the
circumstances:

(1) It was dark (pitch black).

Actually..it wasnt pitch black. There was a very large movie screen
behind the shooter illuminating him in at least..sillouette.

I've serviced fire alarms in big cinemas like that. The protocol is
pretty complex. Once smoke is detected anywhere in the building *all*
of the projectors shut down, the RTU's are shut off, house lights come
on full brightness, emergency exit signs flash, elevators recall & lock
open, and a coded message - "the siren tone" with voice egress
directions are announced on all speakers. We spend a lot of effort to
make all that happen.

I want to know why the fire alarm didn't do that.