Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lets roll!

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:07:09 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The right to keep and bear arms is not based on "need".

It is based on the necessity for a well regulated militia.

Do some home work.

"...The unalienable rights that are mentioned in the Declaration of
Independence could just as well have been inalienable, which means the
same thing. Inalienable or unalienable refers to that which cannot be
given away or taken away. "

In lawyer talk it would mean 'you can't take back something you have
already given me."

IOW I have a right not related to a need or a militia.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:40:49 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Winston_Smith wrote:

What makes you think none of the dead did try just that. There were
some military among the dead for one thing.

Yes, Air Force. Not the best trained for combat.

They didn't have their F16 carry permit.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:29:46 GMT, Dustin
wrote:

Learn to quote properly.. Signatures go at the bottom of your messages...

You a barkin' up a tree. He will not do it. The guy wants to convert
you to a mormon... be careful, okay?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:32:31 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

Many moons ago, I've been to a few showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
at midnight. And they were a lot of fun.
Particularly when you have a girlfriend who is an actress and has access to
cool costumes.

Tell me more. What were her goodies made from?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:38:27 GMT, Dustin
wrote:

I carry because you never know who you're going to run into. We have a
road rage problem here locally. I've had an individual take a shot or
two at me and I wasn't even the vehicle that cut him off.

I found out tho, that my old van makes for a fairly okay small weapons
fire shield, and allows me to disable the offending vehicle easily. He
spun out and ate some of that new metal cable they have to seperate
lanes of traffic. I didn't stop to see if he was okay. I'd say by the
crash, roll and cable slicing into the car, he probably wasn't doing so
good.

He was along side me, and fired at me man...His first shot came into the
cab and took out my passenger window! I hit the brakes and pulled a hard
left, right into his car. As soon as I felt the hit, I mashed the gas
and turned into it. Big block saved my hide; she pushed hard.
90 model 3/4 ton straight 6300bigblock, 410 gearing. no overdrive.
Commercial grade, full cage. Built tough.

I know atleast two cars stopped behind us; I could see them in my
mirrors..

I don't know why he fired at me, but I know it was damn close and I
could have been killed that day. I'm not sorry I used my van as a
weapon, I was acting in what I felt was self defense. Hit him, so he
can't squeeze another round off. I couldn't run from him. He'd easily
overtake me.

Why not just shoot the *******?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Oren wrote in
news
Why not just shoot the *******?

Didn't have it with me that day. Couldn't have if I had.. too much chance
of hitting another vehicle and/or another person. Not sure how many live
rounds he had in the gun, didn't feel like finding out. One was a hit, I
heard it crack off another, but it didn't hit me or my van.. I hope nobody
else got hit.

If anything, I did everyone a favor on this.

--
I don't need no arms around me. And I dont need no drugs to calm me. I
have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all. No!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:50:08 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

snip

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

snip

The key word is might. It is worthwhile to review the
circumstances:

(1) It was dark (pitch black).

NO it wasn't
NO theater is "pitch dark" when a film is showing

(2) The area was packed with people.

The theater may have been full, but people were sitting down
"Packed" is an exaggeration

(3) The shooter was wearing full body armor and a gas mask.

And ?
If nothing else that would make him perfectly identifiable
Add to that the muzzle flashes when shots are fired, and anyone with a
military or police background, or even self-defense training as a civilian,
would have no problem identifying a target.

(4) The shooter had just thrown at least one tear gas
grenade, and many of the people in the immediate area were
having trouble even breathing, let alone seeing the shooter
to get a sight picture, even with a red dot laser sight.

A red dot laser sight is not a flashlight to light up and identify a target.
It's to identify point-of-aim ON a target

(5) Many of the people thought it was some sort of publicity
stunt at the start.

(6) When you are with your family in a movie you are not in
the "psyched up" combat mode (or if you are, you need
counseling and/or meds before you have a heart attack or
stroke).

a) I'm ALWAYS in yellow in a public place
b) Anyone who is in white is the one in need of some counseling

(7) The typical concealed carry weapon is a 32/380 or at
most a 9 mm, any of which is highly doubtful to make much of
an impression on a pumped up shooter, possibly on drugs,
wearing body armor. A high energy/high penetration
weapon/round effective against body armor and/or with
sufficient "knock down", such as a FMJ 38 super automatic
(CIP designation) would have extreme danger of over
penetration and ricochet in a dense movie crowd.

BULL****
Most people who carry, have something in 9 mm or bigger.
32 is rare enough to be the exception or the backup
380 is becoming more common, but the ammo has also been improved
But not that even .22lr in the hands of a experienced shooter can be deadly.
(I do most of my self-defense practice in .22lr, with only a few rounds
fired in the heavier caliber to make sure my POA is the same.)

(8) IMNSHO -- given the uncertain circumstances and great
danger of collateral damage, even a SWAT trained
professional would have hesitated to open fire, and would
have difficulty in target acquisition.

Think a bit more about this.
The shooter was probably not standing surround (all around) by his victims
He was standing alone where he could face his intended targets
That would place him away from any potential bystanders.
That means that shooting at him would only be a danger to people between
them.

FWIW -- I am reposting below an earlier observation about
the laxity of investigation from an epistemological
standpoint, ==given the increasing frequency, magnitude and
total illogic of recent shooting and assault incidents.==

Then you need to read up on the excellent and quite complete study done by
the Secret Service on the subject

===== repeat of earlier posting =====

Not needed

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Many moons ago, I've been to a few showings of The Rocky Horror Picture
Show
at midnight. And they were a lot of fun.
Particularly when you have a girlfriend who is an actress and has access
cool costumes.

Tell me more. What were her goodies made from?

Mostly nice firm flesh..
:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:47:46 GMT, Dustin
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

One assumes you did the legal thing and stopped after the event and
reported it?

One should re-read what I posted if you assume such a thing. The
individual fired a gun at me. I did not stop to see if he was okay. ****
no, I did not. I rendered him no longer a threat and continued onto work.
Simple as that. I wasn't going to try and talk him out of shooting again
for ****s sake. He fired, I ran the van into him. done deal.

Just shoot him in the first place. Walk back to the van.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:33:09 GMT, Dustin
wrote:

Oren wrote in
news
Why not just shoot the *******?

Didn't have it with me that day. Couldn't have if I had.. too much chance
of hitting another vehicle and/or another person. Not sure how many live
rounds he had in the gun, didn't feel like finding out. One was a hit, I
heard it crack off another, but it didn't hit me or my van.. I hope nobody
else got hit.

If anything, I did everyone a favor on this.

No favor at all. You shuda kilt him after he fired on you. Win the
war and then fight.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

What are you apologizing for?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
On 7/21/2012 8:45 PM, terryc wrote:
On 22/07/12 10:14, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Please don't cross post when replying to this attention seeking moron.

Apologies...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunday July 22, 2012

It rained here, today.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Doug" wrote in message

whereas before I had no
opinion on gun control, I
do now but I'll save it for
a rainy day.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

I bet a few of the victims were thinking they wished they had a gun in hand.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Doug" wrote in message

I haven't heard of that but I did hear that one young man took a fatal
bullet to save his girlfriend there. It really makes me sad to think
this is almost becoming a common event and whereas before I had no
opinion on gun control, I do now but I'll save it for a rainy day.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

With economic depression, and O saying how you didn't build that business. I
can see people being depressed. I'm depressed, but certainly not homicidal.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

It seems to me that these mass shootings happen more often during
Democrat administrations. Perhaps it's because the Democrat rulers
damage the psyche of our society so badly that some people are pushed
over the edge into hopeless rage. Thankfully it's only a very few it
happens to, we have enough insane Democrats in this country. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

I was listening to a radio pastor, today. Can't remember which one. He was
saying that people very often misuse the "judge not" quote. He was saying
it's the job of Christians to call sinners to repentance.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Hisler" wrote in message

I saw on the TV news the family who lost their six year old daughter in
the shooting and the girl's mother will be a quadraplegic for the rest
of her life. They are living a nightmare. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

http://www.globalgulag.us/id117.html

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:53:11 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

Particularly when you have a girlfriend who is an actress and has access
cool costumes.

Tell me more. What were her goodies made from?

Mostly nice firm flesh..
:-)

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds like time for gun owners to kick up a fuss, and never mind their
request for us to shut up and be good sheeple?

Someone want to look up the boss's email, so we can all complain?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Gunner Asch wrote:

Of course, if Ebert had bothered to check before trying to use this
murderous crime for his own anti-Second Amendment purposes, he may
have found that no one could have shot back, because the theater
chain does not allow its customers to carry guns in its theaters.

A year before the above post, another message board started a similar
conversation. In 2008, the Open Carry forums also noted Cinemark's
"gun-free zone" policy. One message board member even communicated via
email with a Dan Meyers at the corporate offices of Cinemark. That
corporate official confirmed the restriction and added that only
police officers could carry their concealed weapons into Cinemark
theaters. He also asked gun owners not to bother complaining to them
about the policy.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

From what you describe, I think you made a wise decision, or three. When the
police show up, they have a couple choices to make. One of the choices is to
arrest and charge the guy who called, and is talking to the cops. Sadly,
even when common sense says the caller is not guilty, the "do something"
reaction kicks in, and the innocent get charged. I'd also have not called.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dustin" wrote in message

And didn't bother to report him to the police?

What was I supposed to tell them? Some crazy ****er in a black, possibly
blue car got along side me and fired a shot? So I ran him off the road
and left? C'mon... I don't even know what color the persons skin was or
if it was a male or female. I saw a gun, I ducked, I saw my side window
shatter. That's ALL I needed to see to make a quick decision. Their ass
or mine. I decided I was coming home at the end of the day.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.radio.shortwave

On 12-07-22 09:33 AM, Evan wrote:

To say that only a police officer with training and experience
could have done anything: I say bull****... There are just
as many cases where the police shoot innocent people
who are bystanders or completely air condition a suspect's
car when one or two shots is all that was called for...

http://tinyurl.com/c7dk4tc

mike

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Was the replacement window expensive?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dustin" wrote in message

Why not just shoot the *******?

Didn't have it with me that day. Couldn't have if I had.. too much chance
of hitting another vehicle and/or another person. Not sure how many live
rounds he had in the gun, didn't feel like finding out. One was a hit, I
heard it crack off another, but it didn't hit me or my van.. I hope nobody
else got hit.

If anything, I did everyone a favor on this.

--
I don't need no arms around me. And I dont need no drugs to calm me. I
have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all. No!
Don't think I'll need anything at all. All in all it was all just bricks
in the wall. All in all you were all just bricks in the wall.
Pink Floyd Another Brick in the Wall part 3

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Evan wrote:
On Jul 21, 8:49 pm, Terry wrote:

Which will only come back to bite them on the ass in the end...
By restricting the patrons ability to defend themselves using
personally carried lawful firearms the theater assumes the
duty-of-care to ensure it's patrons safety to offset that
restriction it chose to impose upon its patrons...

Absolutely. There will be new owner(s) of the theater soon.

Also I don't believe that there is any such policy in effect
which is zero exceptions... Off-duty law enforcement officers
are often required by law to be armed at all times, the
private property owner could not legally refuse such a person
entry or purchase of goods... If the theater makes that one
exception then legally they can not bar anyone else in
lawful possession of a firearm entry as that would be a
discriminatory policy and restricting citizen's constitutional
rights and offers the establishment no protection from
criminals who illegally carry weapons in violation of the
law, let alone the policies of some store or business...

This is in error on many levels. A private property owner can bar anyone he
wants when such bar is not in conflict with a specific statute. The owner
may bar police officers or firemen or preachers or little-league coaches,
with or without guns. He may make exceptions at will. He may bar anyone
wearing a hoodie except members of the Fraternal Order of Eagles who wear
hoodies will be permitted.

There is NO penalty for a violation of ANY Constitutional provision.
Sanctions are applied only for violations of criminal statutes.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

dadiOH wrote:

So, as Ebert scoffs that no one returned fire at this theater and
assumed that it that would diminish the efficacy of concealed carry
laws, he didn't bother to find out if anyone was or even could be
armed in that theater. Turns out they couldn't, but Ebert tried to
use this crime and its tragic consequences for his own political
purposes anyway.

Operative word, "concealed". If it is concealed, how are the theater
flunkys to know someone is entering with one?

First, CHL holders are rule abiding. It bothers them tremendously to violate
a rule or a law, so they seldom, if ever, do so.

Second, in many jurisdictions (I don't know about Colorado), crossing a
proper "no guns" sign is a crime. A crime subject to fine, imprisonment,
and, just as importantly, loss of the CHL permit. In Texas, it's a Class B
misdemeanor and subjects the individual to a $2,000 fine and up to a year in
jail. Plus loss of license.

Third, as to your question regarding "how would they know?" There are a lot
of answers. They'd know if you took out your piece and shot the perp. They'd
know if you were interviewed as a witness. They'd know if you were a victim
and carried out on a stretcher. They'd know if you inadvertently displayed
your weapon. They'd know if you had an accidental discharge. And many, many
more.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Dustin wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

One assumes you did the legal thing and stopped after the event and
reported it?

One should re-read what I posted if you assume such a thing. The
individual fired a gun at me. I did not stop to see if he was okay.
**** no, I did not. I rendered him no longer a threat and continued
onto work. Simple as that. I wasn't going to try and talk him out of
shooting again for ****s sake. He fired, I ran the van into him.
done deal.

And didn't bother to report him to the police?

Why would one bother?

The police have more important things to do, for example school crossing
guards. Have you not considered the children?

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
assault type weapons should be banned nationwide. theres no need for
them......

sadly they were outlawed for awile but were allowed again

When talking about guns, "need" is never appropriate; the only word that
really counts is "want."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
Harry K writes:

On Jul 22, 6:16 am, bob haller wrote:
assault type weapons should be banned nationwide. theres no need
for them......

sadly they were outlawed for awile but were allowed again

Great! Now come up with a legal definition of an "assault type
weapon". Noone has been able to do that yet.

You can always tell an assault weapon.
They "look" dangerous.

If any gun law should be examined, it's high capacity clips.
Of course some hunter may have a pressing need to fire off 100 shots
at a time.

Some of the people in the theater recounted how they tried to run
for the exits while they thought the shooter was reloading.

Lest I be accused of being anti-gun or pro-gun, I don't have strong
opinions either way.

You also don't have much knowledge.

No firearm on the planet uses a "high capacity clip." Banning such would
have zero effect on anything.

I suggest you discover the difference between a "magazine" (used to hold
cartridges) and a "clip" (a device to load a magazine).

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:50:22 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:
snip
That means that shooting at him would only be a danger to people between
them.

snip

and a big danger to the people beyond the shooter with a
good aim, particularly if a soft [unarmored] spot like the
head was hit, and around the shooter unless the aim was
perfect. With a high penetration round, i.e. hard/fmj,
serious danger of ricochets also exists.

One big question is how did the perp get in the theater
dressed in body armor, wearing or carrying a gas mask, and
an assault rifle? Walk through the lobby? Use a side or
back entrance? Side and back entrances are normally fire
exits and only open from the inside, and are usually
alarmed.

There is far more to this story.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

wrote:

snip

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

snip

The key word is might. It is worthwhile to review the
circumstances:

(1) It was dark (pitch black).

Actually..it wasnt pitch black. There was a very large movie screen
behind the shooter illuminating him in at least..sillouette.

I've serviced fire alarms in big cinemas like that. The protocol is
pretty complex. Once smoke is detected anywhere in the building *all*
of the projectors shut down, the RTU's are shut off, house lights come
on full brightness, emergency exit signs flash, elevators recall & lock
open, and a coded message - "the siren tone" with voice egress
directions are announced on all speakers. We spend a lot of effort to
make all that happen.

I want to know why the fire alarm didn't do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:41:02 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

There is NO penalty for a violation of ANY Constitutional provision.

Double check that. Police in the LA beating of King the cops were
acquitted for batting out of turn.

Sanctions are applied only for violations of criminal statutes.

Once convicted, then write a book (g).
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There is NO penalty for a violation of ANY Constitutional provision.

Double check that. Police in the LA beating of King the cops were
acquitted for batting out of turn.

Of course, the fact that he beat the crap out of several cops had
nothing to do with it. The initial broadcast showed him kicking
punching and pounding on cops, till backup arrived. MSM edited that
part out for the replay a few minutes later.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Dustin wrote:

What was I supposed to tell them? Some crazy ****er in a black, possibly
blue car got along side me and fired a shot? So I ran him off the road
and left? C'mon... I don't even know what color the persons skin was or
if it was a male or female. I saw a gun, I ducked, I saw my side window
shatter. That's ALL I needed to see to make a quick decision. Their ass
or mine. I decided I was coming home at the end of the day.

So, you left the crazy ******* free to shoot at you again, or someone
else. That makes you a real man?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:59:55 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

bob haller wrote:
assault type weapons should be banned nationwide. theres no need for
them......

sadly they were outlawed for awile but were allowed again

When talking about guns, "need" is never appropriate; the only word that
really counts is "want."

You get a Gold star for the correct answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

HeyBub wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Dustin wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

One assumes you did the legal thing and stopped after the event and
reported it?

One should re-read what I posted if you assume such a thing. The
individual fired a gun at me. I did not stop to see if he was okay.
**** no, I did not. I rendered him no longer a threat and continued
onto work. Simple as that. I wasn't going to try and talk him out of
shooting again for ****s sake. He fired, I ran the van into him.
done deal.

And didn't bother to report him to the police?

Why would one bother?

The police have more important things to do, for example school crossing
guards. Have you not considered the children?

Are the kids in youre area so rotten that they need cops to herd them
across the street?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Winston_Smith wrote:

What makes you think none of the dead did try just that. There were
some military among the dead for one thing.

Yes, Air Force. Not the best trained for combat.

They didn't have their F16 carry permit.

They need permission to fire the weapons on their aircraft.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/22/2012 5:32 PM, Atila Iskander wrote:

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message
m...
On 7/21/2012 7:26 PM, Richard wrote:
On 7/21/2012 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh,
well,
I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all
run
ad hide? I guess not?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians.
They thought they were going to a movie.

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved
some lives that day.

Problem is - such a person would not likely have been going to see
that movie at midnight...

Why would anyone go to see it at midnight?
Why indeed would they go at all?

Many moons ago, I've been to a few showings of The Rocky Horror Picture
Show at midnight. And they were a lot of fun.
Particularly when you have a girlfriend who is an actress and has access
to cool costumes.

In the late 70's there was a theater that showed The Rocky Horror Show
every weekend and it was a blast to go just to watch the critters. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

In the late 70's there was a theater that showed The Rocky Horror Show
every weekend and it was a blast to go just to watch the critters. ^_^

One in Cincinnati did that through most of the '80s.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:08:16 -0500, G. Morgan
wrote:
snip
Actually..it wasnt pitch black. There was a very large movie screen
behind the shooter illuminating him in at least..sillouette.

I've serviced fire alarms in big cinemas like that. The protocol is
pretty complex. Once smoke is detected anywhere in the building *all*
of the projectors shut down, the RTU's are shut off, house lights come
on full brightness, emergency exit signs flash, elevators recall & lock
open, and a coded message - "the siren tone" with voice egress
directions are announced on all speakers. We spend a lot of effort to
make all that happen.

I want to know why the fire alarm didn't do that.

snip

Thanks for the input on this!

Another very good and cogent question. Let us hope the
investigators were able to determine this (or bothered to
check) and that the evidence has not been "cleaned up"
and/or the security tapes recycled [erased]. Now where are
the so-called investigative reporters?

As in so many incidents lately, including random mass
shootings, we are left with far more questions than answers
-- far more myths than facts.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/22/2012 9:02 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 19:50:22 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:
snip
That means that shooting at him would only be a danger to people between
them.

snip

and a big danger to the people beyond the shooter with a
good aim, particularly if a soft [unarmored] spot like the
head was hit, and around the shooter unless the aim was
perfect. With a high penetration round, i.e. hard/fmj,
serious danger of ricochets also exists.

One big question is how did the perp get in the theater
dressed in body armor, wearing or carrying a gas mask, and
an assault rifle? Walk through the lobby? Use a side or
back entrance? Side and back entrances are normally fire
exits and only open from the inside, and are usually
alarmed.

There is far more to this story.

Yes there is.

One report said he had a used ticket on him when he was arrested.

Based on that, he probably went in normally, slipped out the exit
(why no alarm?), rigged the door, dressed up and came back in.

More will come out in the next few days.

And more will come out of the fantasy-heroes here in the next few days
as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/22/2012 6:40 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

One assumes you did the legal thing and stopped after the event and

Yes he did.
And he used first class stamps as well...

Lets roll! terryc Metalworking 1 July 22nd 12 04:23 AM
Buy to lets Phil Gardner UK diy 457 December 4th 07 01:28 AM
Dassault.Systemes.P3.CATIA.V5R17, GibbsCAM.2006.v8.0.17, Copra Roll Forming v2007, Ubeco Profil Roll Form v4.3, Mazak CPC, FANUC Robotics Simulation, Lantek, AMADA, other ... kashumoto_tokugawa UK diy 1 November 10th 06 07:18 PM
Building the roll part of a roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 PM
Refinishing roll part of roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 2nd 06 02:31 PM