Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Decline in craftsmanship

On 7/22/2012 4:53 PM, phorbin wrote:
In article , says...

But that would not be very democratic or popular.
However, that is similar to the way things are done in China, I believe.

The Chinese system of climbing the academic ladder is based on ferocious
mass and massive competition.

The stress of that competition weeds out the weaklings and those less
likely to survive the competition in higher education.

I think they probably lose a lot of genius to the meat grinder of that
competition.

Actually, the Chinese have their own Affirmative Action program when it
comes to preferential treatment for racial minorities getting into
universities.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010