Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Decline in craftsmanship

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 02:52:47 -0400, Bill wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:37:49 -0400, Bill wrote:

Gramp's shop wrote:
Here's an interesting piece found in the online New York Times equating the business practices at HD to the general decline in craftsmanship in our country:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/bu...y.html?_r=1&hp

It's an interesting article, but it just causes me to worry a bit more
about our country in general. I've always found it strange that our
"popular culture" gets away with being so much at odds with our nation's
real needs. I guess we have a very successul entertainment industry.

The 60s hippies have been in control for some time. What do you expect?

I expect a government "for the people". When I was a little kid I
expected people to exhibit restraint/discipline and to work hard for
their own best interests and to share with others in need. I expected
everyone would want to look out for the environment. I was naive in
some ways.

I'd say that nothing's changed.

snipped