Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Decline in craftsmanship

On 7/22/2012 12:37 AM, Bill wrote:
Gramp's shop wrote:
Here's an interesting piece found in the online New York Times
equating the business practices at HD to the general decline in
craftsmanship in our country:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/bu...y.html?_r=1&hp

It's an interesting article, but it just causes me to worry a bit more
about our country in general. I've always found it strange that our
"popular culture" gets away with being so much at odds with our nation's
real needs. I guess we have a very successul entertainment industry.

In order to be at peace with the current cultural state of affairs, you
have to finally accept that the simpleton majority deserve exactly what
they bring upon themselves.

Who are they, you say?

Simply chose to spend a few minutes driving any urban freeway in the
country ... you cant' miss them ... just consider yourself lucky if the
miss you.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010