Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Rotary airless paint sprayer?

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:27:42 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On 21 Jul 2012 05:21:46 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 20:03:37 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

Mine was produced by Graco about 30 years ago. I was thinking about
buying one of these when I couldn't find the cup a couple months ago,
but I found it. The Graco likes slightly thinned latexes, so I used
some Floetrol and warmed the paint before use. (paint gun in a tub of
hot water)

'Nuther vote for Graco. I persist in my search for that foolproof
rotary, though.

My rotary IS a Graco. I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it,
or I'd have given you a model number to look for.

That *is* interesting!
I'd appreciate knowing the model number if it should
happen to appear.

(...)

HF (and most of the Chinese) wouldn't be caught dead hanging around with
the likes of the W people. They, at least, have face to save.

It'd be funny if a $19.00 HF airless performed acceptably where
a $80 Ryobi of the same general description fell down.

Cheaper to buy than rent, eh?

Stunningly so.
I got so much attitude from my local rental place that I just stopped
giving them money.

Ditto here. He's nice enough, but he doesn't answer his farkin' phone. I
last tried for 3 days and then finally went in on my way by. He claimed
to be there all the times I called.

'Like throwing money away. I don't understand the attitude.

--Winston