Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Vinyl patio door rebuild

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:16:37 PM UTC-4, archalot wrote:
I have a vinyl patio door whose construction included assembly with
wooden pegs. The pegs have rotted out, but otherwise the door is good.
The door includes an expensive pet door, so I think it's worth fixing.
I've disassembled the door, drilled out and replaced the pegs, and
reassembled it. I tried silicone as an adhesive, and clamped it for 2
days. It lasted about 2 days after rehanging, and then started to
separate and sag. Any ideas about an adhesive that will work on vinyl
parts and hold up to 100+ degree South Carolina US heat?

--
archalot

silicone is not a structural type adhesive how old is the door? is it double pane?

you might be able to get vinyl pins that match the plastic the door is made of and use the sort of glue used for PVC pipe. not really a adhesive it melts the PVC......

but doing so will mean theres no easy way to ever get it apart