Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default where to get replacement PS2 mouse, or cables

On Jul 17, 7:48*am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:

On Jul 16, 9:43 am, whit3rd wrote:
While pigtail cables aren't a * mass-market item, extension cables
are. *Check out
http://www.pimfg.com/Product/PS-2-Keyboard-Cables
for a few possibilities.
Making connections inside the mouse, you might end up
splicing wires, alas, at least one more time.

On Sunday, July 8, 2012 6:57:08 AM UTC-7, Robert Macy wrote:
The plug is molded making connections a pain.

The end that breaks [usually] is near the mouse where all the flexing
occurs. ... just want a fistfull of replacement cables.

Didn't think of that! *Thansk for the URL. Prices are right in range
with expectations, too. I can keep shortening the 'bad' cable and keep
the extension intact.

* *I buy USB extensions at 'Dollar tree' stores for $1.

Didn't think of that either. Guess technology is univrsal now.

There's a Dollar Store nearby, I think.