Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default The wrong kind of light

On 15 Jul,
PeterC wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:16:23 +0100, PeterC wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 08:17:12 +0100, polygonum wrote:

We have spent considerable effort in sourcing ones which are
acceptable to us. They are much whiter than standard "tungsten
filament replacement" ones but are not that horrible blue-ish
colour of many higher colour temperature lamps.

What's the make/model and source, please? I'd be interested in those.

Hmmm. They are described as being Photo lamps -

4 DAYLIGHT BULBS 5000k, Trumpet Top,Photo,Craft?s,20w BC

obtained from:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UKRMART

Not cheap... :-(

Ouch - almost as much as good LEDs!

I should have read that properly! Not as dear as I misthought - I've
ordered 4. Could do with some 11W ones but there don't seem to be any.

I've just ordered 4. Would prefer lower wattage too. SWMBO won't accept 6500K
ones apart from the one in the futility room. The usual 2700K slow start ones
are abominable, like crap lady's makeup in colour. Whatever happened to 3500K
which would be more acceptable.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply