Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default The wrong kind of light

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:16:23 +0100, PeterC wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 08:17:12 +0100, polygonum wrote:

We have spent considerable effort in sourcing ones which are acceptable
us. They are much whiter than standard "tungsten filament replacement"
ones but are not that horrible blue-ish colour of many higher colour
temperature lamps.

What's the make/model and source, please? I'd be interested in those.

Hmmm. They are described as being Photo lamps -

4 DAYLIGHT BULBS 5000k, Trumpet Top,Photo,Craft€‹s,20w BC

obtained from:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/UKRMART

Not cheap... :-(

Ouch - almost as much as good LEDs!

I should have read that properly! Not as dear as I misthought - I've ordered
4. Could do with some 11W ones but there don't seem to be any.

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away