Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Olympic torches

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 19:10:52 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), Adam Aglionby
wrote:

Not a director of Agrekko by any chance....

http://helpmeinvestigate.com/olympic...-too/#more-219

Oh, what a surprise.
Aggreko were always a shower of ****s, from top to bottom.

I actually met the original founder once on a trip to the Netherlands,
by that time he was fairly elderly and appeared to have little to do
with the large PLC that it had become and I believe had lived
comfortably on selling his interest many years before. The
conversation had started when he spotted an Aggreko set on a ship I
was on and more or less said " I started them, I'm the Ag in Aggrego"
Seemed an affable fellow, gave me a potted history of his success
which was partly due the early stages of the North sea oil and gas
industry.
A lot of equipment needed 60hz due to it's American origins but the
European suppliers of portable generators kept sending out 50hz
units.
The hirers would speed the engines up but the slower running Diesels
used such as Gardners and other traditional names became unreliable
with such treatment. Mr Ag had started to use generators with higher
revving engines such as Lombardini and these could be speed up with
little detriment. Hence his generator hire firm got a reputation for
reliability and he did well.

G.Harman