Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Olympic torches

It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...w&current=100_
0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

I'm sure he's lovely but can we have the old one back :-?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg
That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Couldn't you have posed for him to light one of your farts with it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg
That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Couldn't you have posed for him to light one of your farts with it?

They take out the gas cylinder before they give it back to you:-)

It could not light a fart.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ew&current=100
_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Why is it that I have the feeling that if Paul were holding it, that it
would be stoked with a great quantity of herbal cannabis?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:12:08 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

They take out the gas cylinder before they give it back to you:-)

Non standard gas cylinder?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ew&current=100
_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Why is it that I have the feeling that if Paul were holding it, that
it would be stoked with a great quantity of herbal cannabis?

That's a new keyboard you owe me:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:12:08 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

They take out the gas cylinder before they give it back to you:-)

Non standard gas cylinder?

No idea. But BS regs must apply.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg
That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Couldn't you have posed for him to light one of your farts with it?

They take out the gas cylinder before they give it back to you:-)

It could not light a fart.

A friend of mine has one and she was telling me that a company is
offering replacement gas cylinders so that they can be re-activated.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:20:03 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Is it compulsory to look like a knob? (not him, personally, just the
get-up).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Is it compulsory to look like a knob? (not him, personally, just the
get-up).

I suspect it is compulsory.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 14, 2:20*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q.../?action=view¤...

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

--
Adam

Not a director of Agrekko by any chance....

http://helpmeinvestigate.com/olympic...-too/#more-219

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

Is it compulsory to look like a knob? (not him, personally, just the
get-up).

I think the sporran might be optional.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...w&current=100_
0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

I'm sure he's lovely but can we have the old one back :-?

Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

The one married to the pole dancer lives north of me.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...=view&current=

100_
0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

I'm sure he's lovely but can we have the old one back :-?

Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

So I can be as rude as I like ;-) [1]

The one married to the pole dancer lives north of me.

Ahhh, that makes more sense.

[1] but I wont . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:53:06 -0700 (PDT), Adam Aglionby
wrote:

Not a director of Agrekko by any chance....

http://helpmeinvestigate.com/olympic...-too/#more-219

Oh, what a surprise.
Aggreko were always a shower of ****s, from top to bottom.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Jul 14, 4:58 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

A vicar wearing an ear-ring ...

Methodist preacher.

And he has a lot of women calling round at night for advice.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...=view&current=
100_ 0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

I'm sure he's lovely but can we have the old one back :-?

Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

So I can be as rude as I like ;-) [1]

The one married to the pole dancer lives north of me.

Ahhh, that makes more sense.

[1] but I wont . . .

If he shows me his London marathon medals one more time ..................

And I found him on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6oaURwupw#t=3m50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn9BXABTFc#t=1m46s

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was a bit intrigued the other day, they wheeled out this bloke on a radio
station and described him as an Olympic torch technician, who went on to
explain it ran on gas etc..
I started to think to myself. after the games will there be hordes of out
of work torch technicians who may need to wait a few years and then
emigrate to find work?

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=100_0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
writes
It's gold covered angle bead:-)

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ion=view&curre

nt=
100_ 0897.jpg

That's the next door neighbour holding it.

I'm sure he's lovely but can we have the old one back :-?

Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

So I can be as rude as I like ;-) [1]

The one married to the pole dancer lives north of me.

Ahhh, that makes more sense.

[1] but I wont . . .

If he shows me his London marathon medals one more time ..................

Tell him to come back when he's done it in less that 3 hours (I'm
guessing he takes longer that that in that novelty fat suit).

And I found him on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6oaURwupw#t=3m50s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn9BXABTFc#t=1m46s

Oh dear, wot an incredibly sad f'ck!

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Not a director of Agrekko by any chance....

http://helpmeinvestigate.com/olympic...-too/#more-219

Oh, what a surprise.
Aggreko were always a shower of ****s, from top to bottom.

I actually met the original founder once on a trip to the Netherlands,
by that time he was fairly elderly and appeared to have little to do
with the large PLC that it had become and I believe had lived
comfortably on selling his interest many years before. The
conversation had started when he spotted an Aggreko set on a ship I
was on and more or less said " I started them, I'm the Ag in Aggrego"
Seemed an affable fellow, gave me a potted history of his success
which was partly due the early stages of the North sea oil and gas
industry.
A lot of equipment needed 60hz due to it's American origins but the
European suppliers of portable generators kept sending out 50hz
units.
The hirers would speed the engines up but the slower running Diesels
used such as Gardners and other traditional names became unreliable
with such treatment. Mr Ag had started to use generators with higher
revving engines such as Lombardini and these could be speed up with
little detriment. Hence his generator hire firm got a reputation for
reliability and he did well.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:36:18 +0100, wrote:

Seemed an affable fellow, gave me a potted history of his success
which was partly due the early stages of the North sea oil and gas
industry.
A lot of equipment needed 60hz due to it's American origins but the
European suppliers of portable generators kept sending out 50hz
units.
The hirers would speed the engines up but the slower running Diesels
used such as Gardners and other traditional names became unreliable
with such treatment. Mr Ag had started to use generators with higher
revving engines such as Lombardini and these could be speed up with
little detriment. Hence his generator hire firm got a reputation for
reliability and he did well.

Well, when I was working in the field it was common for gensets to be
specified for 50 or 60Hz and easy for operators to change the output
to suit, from one application to another. Any engine that couldn't
cope with a slight overspeed to take it up to a 60Hz output was a pile
of scrap in the first place and most certainly deserved no place in a
genset maker's line-up.

What would happen from time to time was that a customer would specify
a particular engine - like a Cummins, Gardner or Blackstone and we
would supply it, while maybe having slight misgivings about it. There
were favourite engines for certain customers and some of them might
not have been up to the demands placed on them. In general though, we
certainly had no problems with 60Hz sets popping their clogs early.

In the very early days of the North Sea oilfields it's possible the
situation he described did happen, but that was before my time in it
and I can't say for sure. Even then, the UK genset industry wasn't any
stranger to the customers' need for a 60Hz set.

Aggreko did well by undercutting the competition, aggressive selling
and offering terms and deals the others didnt, wouldn't or couldn't.
Once Aggreko got to a certain size they were able to buy in bulk that
the others couldn't (many smaller UK makers didn't have the turnover
or spare cash to buy in and were often hampered by management that
were half-dead).

That's all fine - just business and many of the other makers were
asleep on their feet, thus allowing Aggreko to move in.

Doesn't change my opinion of them, though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Aggreko did well by undercutting the competition, aggressive selling
and offering terms and deals the others didnt, wouldn't or couldn't.
Once Aggreko got to a certain size they were able to buy in bulk that
the others couldn't (many smaller UK makers didn't have the turnover
or spare cash to buy in

and were often hampered by management that
were half-dead).

Thats known as the English Disease;!(....

That's all fine - just business and many of the other makers were
asleep on their feet, thus allowing Aggreko to move in.

Doesn't change my opinion of them, though.

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 08:51:23 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

And I found him on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6oaURwupw#t=3m50s

I wonder if the Nazis had as much palaver with their torches.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 05:25:16 -0700 (PDT), Owain
wrote:

On Jul 15, 8:51*am, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn9BXABTFc#t=1m46s

Oooh, Andrea from the children's centre's a bit stubbly.

I volunteer to shave her 'pits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

Thats the next door neighbour to the south ie he is the preacher.

The one whose cat is in pussy heaven?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)