Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default The wrong kind of light

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 17:05:42 +0100, polygonum wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:58:29 +0100, Brian Gaff
wrote:

Why is it that when one wants cfls, one is forced to have the weird light
output that many find hazy and hard to see in? I'd have thought that the
really white phosphoreds would add very little to the cost and be much
better for lighting purposes, or is the cream/green/yellow fuzzy one
very
much more efficient or something?
It even makes my eyes feel tired even though I cannot see in it.

Brian

Could not agree more.

We have spent considerable effort in sourcing ones which are acceptable to
us. They are much whiter than standard "tungsten filament replacement"
ones but are not that horrible blue-ish colour of many higher colour
temperature lamps.

What's the make/model and source, please? I'd be interested in those.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away