Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default What are the best pest control spray for spiders?

On Jul 13, 10:27*pm, petricabilo
wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

--
petricabilo

Raid's new offering "Bug Barrier" does EXACTLY that! Spider crawls
across barrier and makes it maybe 1 more foot before curling up.

Also, spiders usually FOLLOW food, so you may have bigger problems
you're not aware of.

However, Bub Barrier is NOT supposed to be used near food. so....

If you're into 'natural' methods, get a bunch of fresh oranges, peel
them around the area. The spray form peeling kills ants and spiders.
The effect lasts about a year and won't hurt humans or pets. Very
slow, so not dramatic in its effect, but works. Really kills ants
faster. Plus, that rind chemical is almost a paint remover/thinner so
be careful.

To see what the chemical is, take the peel of an orange, hold it up to
an open flame and pinch the rind squeezing the essence into the air
over the flame. You can get about an 18 inch flame depending on how
'fresh' the orange is. We used to have an orange tree. Once a year we
peeled the crop in our kitchen and never had ants or spiders plus our
dog liked to eat the white lining off the inside of the orange peel,
so it was win-win .

Then the Mediterranean Fuit Fly reared its ugly head. I was awakened
one morning to find a group of people with plastic garbage bags
stripping our unripened crop off our orange tree! They took
everything, all the fruit, and removed it for destruction, guess it
was radius of miles from ANY fruit fly found as prevention. But that
year NO oranges [also almost killed the tree, took three years to
recuperate] but that year we had devastating influx of ants, and
spiders!! We're talking a trail to the fridge door and into the
freezer door - where their little carcasses piled up, because no ant
made it back to tell the rest to stop coming in! Anyway Raid House
and Garden made fast work of the problem, but I learned just how
effective our natural oranges were in prevention!