Junior Member

Default What are the best pest control spray for spiders?

im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for spiders. thank you very much!
_______________________
http://www.getridofbedbugsathome.com...kill-bed-bugs/

Last edited by petricabilo : July 28th 12 at 07:38 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

petricabilo wrote in
news

im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

There are really 2 answers to this, and both have to do with you, and do
not really need sprays.

Firstly, Apparently there is real good therapy to overcome arachnophobia.
Please look into it, since it is probably quite irrational.

Secondly, spiders look for food, insects smaller than them, and those
insects feed on even smaller insects and bacteria. Therefore, you might
want to make the areas where you see spiders scupulously clean, as in with
soap and bleach. Wear gloves, and don't mix bleach with ammonia.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 10:27*pm, petricabilo
wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

--
petricabilo

Raid's new offering "Bug Barrier" does EXACTLY that! Spider crawls
across barrier and makes it maybe 1 more foot before curling up.

Also, spiders usually FOLLOW food, so you may have bigger problems
you're not aware of.

However, Bub Barrier is NOT supposed to be used near food. so....

If you're into 'natural' methods, get a bunch of fresh oranges, peel
them around the area. The spray form peeling kills ants and spiders.
The effect lasts about a year and won't hurt humans or pets. Very
slow, so not dramatic in its effect, but works. Really kills ants
faster. Plus, that rind chemical is almost a paint remover/thinner so
be careful.

To see what the chemical is, take the peel of an orange, hold it up to
an open flame and pinch the rind squeezing the essence into the air
over the flame. You can get about an 18 inch flame depending on how
'fresh' the orange is. We used to have an orange tree. Once a year we
peeled the crop in our kitchen and never had ants or spiders plus our
dog liked to eat the white lining off the inside of the orange peel,
so it was win-win .

Then the Mediterranean Fuit Fly reared its ugly head. I was awakened
one morning to find a group of people with plastic garbage bags
stripping our unripened crop off our orange tree! They took
everything, all the fruit, and removed it for destruction, guess it
was radius of miles from ANY fruit fly found as prevention. But that
year NO oranges [also almost killed the tree, took three years to
recuperate] but that year we had devastating influx of ants, and
spiders!! We're talking a trail to the fridge door and into the
freezer door - where their little carcasses piled up, because no ant
made it back to tell the rest to stop coming in! Anyway Raid House
and Garden made fast work of the problem, but I learned just how
effective our natural oranges were in prevention!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:27:33 AM UTC-5, petricabilo wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps are sometimes effective.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Do they tend to get a foot, foot, foot, foot, foot, foot, foot, foot,
caught?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Davej" wrote in message

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps are
sometimes effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2012 1:48 PM, Davej wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:27:33 AM UTC-5, petricabilo wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps are sometimes effective.

The ant and roach sprays are supposed to be effective but I still see
them. I also use sticky traps and often see some scary bugs in them.
Funny that snakes don't bother me but I also detest spiders.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 1:27*am, petricabilo
wrote:

i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

There are no materials specifically for spiders. Tempo 20 WP does the
job.

The cheapest I found it is on ebay.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 12:37:32 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:

There are no materials specifically for spiders.

Food grade Diatomaceous Earth dusted with a powder duster. Not the
pool DE as it is different. Pool DE will not work.

When they crawl over it, the exoskeleton is cut so they die from
dehydration. You can eat this stuff. Found at a farm supply store.

Safe for everybody...pets, etc.

I've had luck with Sevin dust (don't eat) that killed Black Widows.
Boric acid will also work. When they crawl on BA they start to burn
and dry up (great for roaches).
Posted to alt.home.repair

petricabilo wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

Monkey balls.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/13/2012 10:27 PM, petricabilo wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

Terro Spider Killer. Comes in a big orange can, and is the undisputed
king of spider killers.

http://www.amazon.com/Terro-2300-16-.../dp/B000GXUKAQ

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:26:10 AM UTC-5, Han wrote:
petricabilo wrote in

news
I am so sick of people like you wasting the time of persons like the one whom asked this question. The question was about sprays/deterrents not your personal sense of self entitlement to redirect people’s intent of questioning. Your type of reply assumes that people were not already aware of the true causes of the issue. Please get a personal hobby other than blog condescendence. And do not bother with verbal retaliation to my message unless you can confirm that your time is more monetarily valuable that mine.

im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them

getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for

spiders. thank you very much!

There are really 2 answers to this, and both have to do with you, and do

not really need sprays.

Firstly, Apparently there is real good therapy to overcome arachnophobia.

Please look into it, since it is probably quite irrational.

Secondly, spiders look for food, insects smaller than them, and those

insects feed on even smaller insects and bacteria. Therefore, you might

want to make the areas where you see spiders scupulously clean, as in with

soap and bleach. Wear gloves, and don't mix bleach with ammonia.

--

Best regards

Han

email address is invalid

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:47:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:26:10 AM UTC-5, Han wrote:

petricabilo wrote in

This message was directed to Han's initial reply.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I agree, Han seems to be a total ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 1:27:33 AM UTC-4, petricabilo wrote:
im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

--
petricabilo

As per this site, to eliminate spiders you should be looking for the root cause of the infestation.

http://www.colonialpest.com/why-do-i...nside-my-home/

I quote:

"But to keep a spider infestation going inside, it does take some kind of prey for the spiders to feed on and that would mean insects, mites, or other arthropod pests."

If other prey are the reason you have so many spiders, perhaps you should deal with *that* and the spiders should go away on their own. If you simply eliminate the spiders, then the existing prey will flourish and you might be even more unhappy than you are now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:39:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

Hi,
I too have an increasing presence of those pesky spiders. I read
somewhere that a product called "Miss Muffets Revenge" does a pretty
good job at elimination. Its available at Amazon. I haven't used it
myself but I plan to purchase some asap.

Good luck and let us know your results.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Davej" wrote in message

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps are
sometimes effective.

STORMIN MORMON, You are toooo funny! But, they scare, scare, scare, scare, scare, scare, scare, scare ME!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Davej" wrote in message

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps
are sometimes effective.

STORMIN MORMON, You are toooo funny! But, they scare, scare, scare,
scare, scare, scare, scare, scare ME!!!

You replied to a dead guy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Davej" wrote in message

Spiders are often fairly immune to surface poisons. Sticky traps are
sometimes effective.

STORMIN MORMON, You are toooo funny! But, they scare, scare, scare, scare,
scare, scare, scare, scare ME!!!

Yes, he sure had his moments. May he rest in peace.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 5:26:10 AM UTC-7, Han wrote:
petricabilo wrote in
news

im terrified of spiders and there has been an unusual amount of them
getting in the house so i'm looking for some sprays specially for
spiders. thank you very much!

There are really 2 answers to this, and both have to do with you, and do
not really need sprays.

Firstly, Apparently there is real good therapy to overcome arachnophobia.
Please look into it, since it is probably quite irrational.

Secondly, spiders look for food, insects smaller than them, and those
insects feed on even smaller insects and bacteria. Therefore, you might
want to make the areas where you see spiders scupulously clean, as in with
soap and bleach. Wear gloves, and don't mix bleach with ammonia.

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

dude. Han, get over yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How do y'all know he's dead? Stormin Mormon? But he really made me laugh so hard out loud at that joke. I never laugh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 12:50:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:

How do y'all know he's dead? Stormin Mormon? But he really made me laugh so hard out loud at that joke. I never laugh.

Someone posted the obituary here. If you doubt he's dead
when is the last time you've seen a post by him? Sad he
was dead three days before he was found.

:`-(

Banned

Encountering the occasional spider is a normal part of life, but if you start to notice a large number of spiders in and around your home, you should call an exterminator like Pest Control Brookfield CT, Cheshire CT, Fairfield Count CT, Fairfield CT to inspect your home for spiders that pose a health risk to your family. Spiders are one of the most feared and reviled creatures on earth. The more bugs that are drawn to the food, the more spiders you will have. Keeping your lights off will reduce both your bug and spider populations. Removing a spider web does not get rid of a spider unless you take out the spider at the same time. There are commercially available spider traps that will ensnare spiders on a sticky surface. One can also get rid of spiders the natural way, or by trying some DIY methods like spraying some bug sprays that one can easily find by looking for them at any store nearby them.

Last edited by DonaldRiojas : August 9th 18 at 09:55 AM

pest control skeeter[_4_] Home Repair 8 February 14th 10 04:52 AM
Pest control? John Carlyle-Clarke[_2_] UK diy 4 December 10th 07 11:32 PM
Pest Control Dottie Home Ownership 1 February 10th 07 12:11 AM
Pest Control Dottie Home Repair 3 February 9th 07 09:57 PM
pest control Antony Gelberg UK diy 5 April 21st 05 08:08 PM