Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Making yer own backup generator?

On 2012-07-13, David Lesher wrote:
Ignoramus18299 writes:

I have a used diesel generator (Cummins 25 kW) and like it a lot.

I also do not depend on supply of natural gas.

My view is unless you are in earthshake territory; natural gas
is highly dependable. Diesel is a PITA to store in quantity;
and in large enough volumes you have to deal with EPA/local
equivalents.

EPA is not some kind of a gestapo, it will not know and will not care
about a few cans of diesel fuel.

You're wrong, as usual. They threw a hissy fit when they found TV coax
in a store that wasn't in EMT and fined the owners. We had to rip out
the wiring and run EMT, then reinstall the coax for them.

The EPA knows nothing and couldn't care less about coax or EMT. A local
building inspector or fire marshall perhaps, but not the EPA.