Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Berties Miniatures Berties Miniatures is offline

Default Cameron Micro Drill Chuck

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:54:34 PM UTC-6, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Berties Miniatures > wrote:
> I recently inherited a Cameron Micro Drill Press Model 164. It has an Albrecht 0-1/8" Keyless chuck and it works great but I'd like to be able to use a little larger bits so I think I need a Jacobs 0-5/32" key type chuck or maybe and Albrecht 0-1/8" Keyless.
>
> Does anyone know if the shaft chuck taper is JO or a J1 or have any idea where to get the chuck I need?
>
> Thanks.

I just got one of them too- it's a nifty little machine.

Call the people at cameron. They're friendly, have the chucks and can explain how to take the thing apart and not destroy the
bearings.

cameronmicrodrillpress.com

nifty it is! I mainly want to use it as a pin router with micro end mills and cutters for making duplicated items in wood and light metal.