Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Aldi £59 petrol generator and television

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote

Repeating again, I don't see any evidence of an overvoltage problem in
the multitude of switchers that cross my bench.

I like switchers.

But you are an utter ass.

Of course. But I'm still right.

It is very common for the cheapo Chinese switchers used in items like DVD
players, to fail in this way.

You have no idea that they did fail by overvoltage.

You don't know what the **** you are talking about you stupid arsewipe.

They are extremely susceptible to secondary side filter cap failure -
typically bulging and high ESR.

Doesn't mean that they failed by overvoltage, just bad caps.

Can't read either, can you ?

This usually results in the rail voltage dropping. Most of these supplies
take their control loop reference from just one of the output rails, and
if it happens to be the one that's got the bad cap on - often the case

Another sweeping statement that can't be substantiated.

What the **** would you know about it you half witted plank ? How many do
you repair. Oh yes, I forgot, you are an unemployed and unemployable fool

- then the supply tries to crank it back up to the correct level, which
results in all the other rails going way up. This often results in
destruction of LSIs elsewhere in the item.

Not even possible when it's the rail that
powers the LSIs that has the bad cap.

Again, you are a total ****wit who clearly understands nothing about the
realities of electronic service

As a matter of interest, better quality multi-rail switchers used in some
TV sets, do have a form of 'crowbar' in that all of the rails are
monitored for output voltage, and if any become excessive, they trip a
shutdown circuit on the main supply control IC.

That's not a crowbar. A crowbar shorts out the rail like a real crowbar
would do.

Stupid little man. Do you not understand the function of single inverted
commas ? No, of course you don't, because you're fundamentally as thick as
kangaroo ****

The Vestel 17PWxx series that were used in a number of manufacturer's
TVs, are a good example of such.

But its not a crowbar.

You are a dopey **** who cannot even read properly. Now **** off back under
your antipodean stone