Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default OT Texas Republicans are opposed to critical thinking

"678.714.5764" wrote in message
news
On 7/12/2012 3:37 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
Hawke wrote:

But it's just one person's point of view on those things. You have to
understand where Ayn Rand came from to know why she thought the things
she did. She was colored by her early exposure to a ruthless,
totalitarian government that made her anti government for the rest of
her life. It made her believe that individualism was far superior to ANY
kind of collective action. But that's not what the experience is for
people who have lived in the U.S. for a long time. We have an example of
the best government in the world. It has served our people well. Until
the last republican administration this country was the envy of the
world and we have always been a country that does big things by
collective action.

Fun fact:

Nope - urban legend.

Ayn Rand depended on Social Security

No.

Not an Urban legend.

This was published in the book "100 Voices: An Oral History of Ayn Rand" by
Scott McConnell, a generally favorable bio.

From one review:
"An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to the law
firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick, who had Ms. Rand as a client,
verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and
Medicare payments that Rand received under her married name of Ann O'Connor
(husband was Frank O'Connor).

Ms. Rand evidently did not want the checks delivered to her house. A bit
hypocritical, but her books were not bringing her an enormous income, and as
every senior knows medical bills are so expensive."