Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Aldi £59 petrol generator and television

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

It's been a very long time since I've gone tent camping.

The last time I slept in a 'tent' was in the early '70s in Alaska.
Cold weather survival training. You were issued a 'tent half' (basicly,
a small canvas tarp) , sleeping bag & folding shovel. You had to find a
suitable spot to anchor the 'tent half' where the wild wouldn't blow in
the opening, then bury all butthe entrance in snow for insulation. The
temperature was below -20F during the day, and we were there for three
days. Have you ever built a fire with frozen wood, or cut down small,
ice covered trees without an axe?