Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Swamp cooler questions

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:10:49 PM UTC-7, Steve B wrote:
I got a nearly new large swamp cooler today for $25. It needs new pads, and
has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. The rest of the
paint throughout looks very good. It has a one horse two speed motor, and
is downdraft.

What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? I have
already gone over them with an electric grinder with a cup knot brush, and
have the corrosion and flaking paint cleaned off. Do they make special
concoctions for swamp coolers?

Steve

Go to an auto parts store and get the same paint that they use on cars.