Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swamp cooler questions

On Jul 11, 10:10*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I got a nearly new large swamp cooler today for $25. *It needs new pads, and
has slight corrosion inside, nothing deep nor penetrating. *The rest of the
paint throughout looks very good. *It has a one horse two speed motor, and
is downdraft.

What type of paint would I buy to cover up the corroded spots? *I have
already gone over them with an electric grinder with a cup knot brush, and
have the corrosion and flaking paint cleaned off. *Do they make special
concoctions for swamp coolers?

Steve

The more waterproof/resistant the better. Do you have a mfgr? If so,
call them and ask what they recommend