Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Texas Republicans are opposed to critical thinking

On 7/11/2012 8:32 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 7/11/2012 4:36 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 7/11/2012 11:04 AM, Hawke wrote:
On 7/10/2012 8:39 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Ignoramus3314" wrote in message

ROTFLMAO

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/texas-gop-rejects-critical-thinking-skills-really/2012/07/08/gJQAHNpFXW_blog.html?tid=pm_local_pop

Or: http://goo.gl/PFCg6

``We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
(values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs
that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery
learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of
challenging the students fixed beliefs and undermining parental
authority.''

Then, they say

`We believe that because the Permanent School Fund is not paid by
taxpayers that the principle balance should be safeguarded''

I think that they meant "principal balance".

I'm not sure what they were teaching about (HOTS) but some of the
teachings,
in a nutshell, are "don't believe what your parents taught you,
believe us
instead", then they get students to stop believing established facts
and
push revisionist history and other lies. They simply brainwash the
sense
out of students and fill (indoctrinate, not educate) them with
nonsense.

RogerN

They do brainwash students.

Which is why the public schools should be dismantled.

They should have dismantled them

They never should have been put in place.