Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default OT Texas Republicans are opposed to critical thinking

On 7/11/2012 10:24 PM, Hawke wrote:

Sorry but I can't allow RogerN's ignorance and religious nonsense to go
unanswered. Whenever I see things that are clearly wrong I have to set
people straight. You always think I'm wrong but I'll match my facts with
yours any time you want.

Hawke

All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes,.... All right and well,
not only some, but all, having a high opinion of himself; for this is to
be understood of a self-righteous man, who is pure in his own eyes,
though not cleansed from his filthiness, and so fancies every way he
walks in, and everything he does, is pure; this is owing to want of
knowledge of the impurity of his nature; was he sensible of this, he
would see that his best righteousness is as filthy rags and to his
ignorance of the spirituality of the law, which, was he acquainted with,
he would find, on comparing himself with it, that he and all he did was
polluted and unclean: some read the words, "all the ways of a pure man
are before his eyes": the eyes of the Lord, he sees them, and approves
of them; so Aben Ezra; and to this agrees the Septuagint version, "all
the works of an humble man are manifest with God"; and the Arabic
version, "all the works of an humble man are clean before God"; but the
former reading and sense seem best;

but the Lord weigheth the spirits; searches and tries the hearts; he
sees, knows, and observes the principles of all actions, and can as
exactly adjust the nature and quality of them, as a man, with a pair of
scales in his hands, can tell precisely the weight of anything put into
them; the Lord weighs the spirits, or hearts, from whence all actions
flow, by his omniscience, and accordingly judges of them by that, and
not by the outward appearance; and he weighs all actions by his law, in
the balance of the sanctuary, where they are found wanting, and come
greatly short of that purity and perfection pharisaical persons imagine
there is in them.

Gills

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Proverbs 16:2
All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the LORD weighs
the motives.