Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Polarity Problem

On Jul 10, 2:33*pm, harry wrote:
On Jul 10, 4:51*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:

The blades on both of my circular saws are spinning
counter-clockwise? *What could have caused this?

To expand on what I said.
If two motors have suddenly reversed,it is likely they are three phase
and some repair work done locally has resulted in the phases being
reconnected in a different order.

Check the motor connections, if there are three wires, it is a three
phase motor. If you disconnect and switch over any two of theses wires
it will fix the problem.
The best place to do this however is where the wires enter the
building and you only have to do it once, noton every three phase
machine.

On the chance that I'm just feeding a troll (the OP, not you), I'll
respond to your explanation.

The OP use the words "both of my circular saws".

So here's what has to be happening for your explanation to be correct.

1 - On the assumption that there are no 3-phase hand held circular
saws, the OP is using the term normally associated with a hand-held
circulare saw for a 3-phase table saw.
2 - If # 1 is true, then the OP has 2 (he said "both") 3-phase table
saws.
3 - If # 2 is true, then we've got an OP with a fairly substantial
shop.
4 - If # 3 is true, do we really think that the OP would use the wrong
term for a 3-phase table saw plus not know that his wiring has been
recently altered such that his 3-phase table saw have suddenly
reversed?

I'll be very surprsied if all of the above are true.

I won't be surprised if this is a troll.