Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Pop Goes the Wha--?

Sylvia Else wrote:

(...)

I wouldn't be using any electric appliance that makes unexpected popping
noises. If you're lucky it might only burn your house down, and not take
you with it.

-With the exception of the refrigerator of course.
My current one will very occasionally emit a 'pop' which the
manufacturer says is normal 'inside wall flexing'.

Still it is silent compared to my previous fridge that
was the most 'spontaneously musical' appliance I've ever
owned, with all kinds of creaks, rattles, buzzes and an
occasional 'pop' sound that approached a 'bang!' in volume.

May it rust in peace.

--Winston